Google Discover is a mobile experience that lets you discover content you didn’t even know you needed. It is a different search experience, meaning the active searching part is mostly gone. If the system learns enough about you, you can keep swiping to keep the fresh content flowing. Google suggests content for a user based on your search activity and activity found on your device.
It looks at web searches, application activity, location history, and location settings. You can follow specific topics or entities to build your profile and set limits on what Discover should uncover for you. Discover is an intelligent tool that learns how you search and what you like to provide you with the best or most timely content for your needs. Plus, it does that without you looking for it.
To get your content in Google Discover, you need to make sure that your content is of high quality and relevance. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Make great content: Create high-quality content that is relevant to your audience. Make sure that your content is original, informative, and engaging.
- Improve your content and write great headlines: Make sure that your content is well-written, easy to read, and free of errors. Use descriptive and engaging headlines that accurately reflect the content of your blog post or web story.
- Write timely stuff: Write about topics that are currently trending or relevant to your audience. This will help your content get discovered by more people.
- Improve expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness: Make sure that your content is written by experts in the field and is trustworthy. This will help build your reputation and increase your visibility on Google Discover.
- Support your entities with structured data: Use structured data to help Google understand the entities mentioned in your content. This will help your content get discovered by more people.
- Make it visual: Use high-quality images and videos to make your content more engaging and visually appealing.
- Improve your site: Make sure that your website is mobile-friendly, fast, and easy to navigate. This will help improve your visibility on Google Discover.
- Try Google Web Stories: Google Web Stories are a great way to create engaging and visually appealing content that is optimized for mobile devices. They are easy to create and can help your content get discovered by more people.
- Check your Discover performance in Google Search Console: Use Google Search Console to monitor your performance on Google Discover. This will help you identify areas where you can improve your content and increase your visibility.
- Test and improve: Test different strategies to see what works best for your audience. Use analytics to track your performance and make improvements over time.